Gathering of Information
1. General. The Company collects personal information through the Site, but only when voluntarily provided by visitors.
2. Personally Identifiable Information. The Company collects non-personally identifiable information which you provide, such as your IP address, cookies, browser type, and operating system for a variety of purposes. This personally identifiable information is provided by you voluntarily and you may voluntarily supply this information in connection with (i) registration for content, (ii) registration for sites or services which require registration (such as subscribing to e-mail newsletters or commenting on stories), (iii) sending correspondences to the Company, (iv) submitting a photo or other user generated content, and (v) e-commerce transactions. The Company will not collect personally identifiable information (name, e-mail address, phone number, location) from you, other than what you supply on a voluntary basis.
- Like all web servers, the Company’s web server automatically creates log files for each visitor who accesses the Site. These “access logs” allow us to improve and make our site and services more useful to our visitors. By reviewing these logs, we can better understand our visitors, and this in turn allows us to improve the Site and to provide you with an optimal experience and better service. At no time do the logs reveal your name, address, or e-mail address, even if you have entered these in other areas while using the Site. The Site’s pages cannot extract any personally-identifiable information about you.
- As is common practice among web sites, we use “cookies” and similar technologies. In general, cookies — the informational files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website — are used to track and analyze how you and other visitors use our Site. We use these cookies in order to improve the Site, to identify the source of visitors and what pages your using of the Site, to offer visitors interactive and/or personalized features that would not be possible without the cookies, to recall specific information to save visitors time when they return to use the Site, to provide our sponsors targeted sponsorship opportunities, to provide visitors with customized sponsorship messages or a list of customized videos of interest, and to identify usage and statistical trends. By looking at this traffic we can better understand our community, which allows us to improve the Site and to provide you with an optimal experience and better service. Our sponsorship service vendors, which serve sponsorship messages onto our site, and third party vendors that measure and analyze the use of the Site for us, may also use their own cookies. At no time does the cookie reveal your name, address, or e-mail address (even if you have entered these in specific areas of the Site). The Site pages cannot extract any personally identifying information about you from what we receive via a cookie and your browser.
Use of Information
1. The Company, or any third party vendor acting on the Company’s behalf to assist in delivering and operating the Site, will not willfully disclose any personally-identifiable information about online users or website visitors to any non-affiliated third party without first receiving the user or visitor’s permission or unless required by law.
2. The Company does not sell, exchange, or lend e-mail addresses with any third party unless specified and the user consents at the time of the submission.
3. The Company, with the assistance from time-to-time of its third party service vendors, uses non-identifying aggregate information to analyze use of and better design the Site and to share with third parties in aggregate form only as appropriate. However, we will not disclose any information that could be used to identify those users.
All materials posted to the Site is protected by copyright laws. You are prohibited from reproducing or downloading any of the materials, including content, images, or video files, posting to this website without permission from the site owner, unless specifically permitted in writing by the Company.
Security of Information
The Company has in place what it believes to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our security protocol is within industry standards. You should, however, keep in mind that no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Because most e-mail is not encrypted, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Worldwide Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was provided, including the U.S. (i.e., a ‘Recipient’ country). When Verista does so, it transfers the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Where the applicable data protection laws of your jurisdiction do not recognize the Recipient country as providing an adequate level of data protection, Verista will use such lawful mechanisms for the transfer as are approved by the applicable data protection authority of your jurisdiction prior to transferring any of your personal data (e.g., the Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers from the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom’s International Data Transfer Agreement, Switzerland’s Transborder Data Flow Agreement as applicable). If you wish to see a copy of the relevant mechanism that Verista uses to transfer your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Sites and Services
The Site contains links to other sites, applications and services maintained by third parties that may have different privacy policies from the Company. In some cases, the Site may include certain embedded tools that are provided and controlled by third parties and governed by the policies of third parties. You should only use these third party tools if you agree to their respective terms and policies.
The Site includes or may include in the future a tool that allows you to sign in or share content using information from your account with a third party service, such as various social networking sites. Please be aware that those third party services are unrelated to the Company and your use of the third party services is subject to the terms and policies of those services. The Company does not review materials posted on sites to which it is linked and does not assume any responsibility for any such material.
The Company disclaims any liability or responsibility for any typographical errors, out-of-date product or pricing information and/or other inaccuracies that may appear on the site.